Thursday, July 31, 2014

Gratitude

Gratitude
By: Me



Who am I to doubt Your perfections
Who am I to misunderstand Your voice
Who am I to sit when I've been told to stand
Who am I to run when You've whispered slow down
Who am I to ignore Your thunderous sound
Let my heart be still in Your hands
Let my heart be guarded by Your army
Let my heart beat in accordance to You
Let my heart mock Your desires
Let my heart find an all consuming rest
Rid this self of false language from my lips
Rid this self of any fuming rage
Rid this self of unnecessary anger
Rid this self of vindictive thoughts
Rid this self of all that is not You
You've clothed me with compassion 
You've clothed me with kindness
You've clothed me with humility
You've clothed me with gentleness
You've clothed me with patience
Who am I, I am thankful
Who am I, I am enough
Who am I, I am renewed
Who am I, I am beloved
Who am I, I am Yours
I'm Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment