Thursday, April 28, 2016

You're My Clarity

I've seen many posts about love in the last couple of weeks and I'm no expert on the subject and I don't claim to know everything I need to know about it. I've had my share of mindless relationships and have been through countless break ups that at the end of the day didn't count for true relationships anyway. I don't post sappy things about love and I don't showcase it for the world to see either (I'm in no way degrading the people that do, that's just not my thing)

I'm not the only one that has regretted some of the people I've chosen to spend my emotions on and I know I'm definitely not the only one that has had to walk away from people that I didn't want to walk away from. I'm a real person and I have genuine emotions that have been taken advantage of. But in the last year I have found a kind of love that makes my heart feel alive every day and I've learned more about the kind of person you should fall in love with.

Fall in love with the person that sees you, not just physically but someone that sees the depths of who you are...

Fall in love with your best friend. Someone that will eat too many pieces of pizza with you while watching Game of Thrones. Someone that spends too much money watching movies with you in a movie theater. Someone that reminds you daily that you are more than what you see in yourself. Someone that tells you they love you multiple times a day and means it every time.

Fall in love with someone that shows you they love you in the quiet moments, not just the loud ones.  Someone you can run miles with and smell sweaty together. Someone who always chooses to watch Bobs Burgers. Someone that may love a different NBA team than you but takes you to see your favorite team anyway.

Someone that will take you to the ER even if it may not be as serious as what you think it is. Someone that chooses to understand your anxiety and not think you're crazy for it. Fall in love with someone that will let you cry even when you may not know why you are to begin with.

Fall in love with someone that lets you watch the Bachelor even though they can't stand seeing the drama of it all. Someone that loves watching their favorite sport and let's you be a part of it. Someone that wants every person they know to know you. Someone that chooses ice cream for dinner. Someone that loves the same music as you and will sing with you on every car ride. Someone that loves tacos just as much as you do.

Fall in love with someone that challenges you to be a better version of yourself. Someone that you can talk to about anything and they'll hold no judgement. Someone that sees all of your scars and still chooses to see your beauty. Someone that holds you and takes your hand any chance they get.

Fall in love with the person who loves softly. Fall in love with someone who never makes you doubt. Fall in love with someone that even when they see you at your worst, when you're broken and worn down, they don't want to run away, they want to help you put the pieces back together. Fall in love with the person that looks at you for no reason. Someone that makes you want to experience all of life with them. Someone that makes you question why you ever thought you would be alone. Someone that doesn't make you think love is hard. Someone that shows you the kind of love you never thought you deserved.

Fall for the person that makes you fall more in love every day.

Fall for the person that makes you feel brave.

Fall for the person that chooses you.



WMH II: There's something about the way you love me that makes me feel like I'm home. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment